A pediatric center of excellence serving the healthcare needs of children and adolescents in Genesee County since 1939.
The Pediatric Dentist will provide routine and emergency dental services for MCHC patients, following departmental guidelines and without direct supervision. The Pediatric Dentist will also provide supervision of dental assistants assigned to his/her area of operation, oversee the care provided to his/her patients by the staff hygienists and assume clinical and didactic teaching responsibilities in the Graduate Pediatric Dentistry Residency Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide routine dental services for patients of MCHC. Included in the category of routine dental care are the following:
- Emergency dental services.
- Preventive and patient/parent counseling services.
- Full scope of services for pediatric dental patients, including restorative, endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics, prosthetic, and hospital dentistry if the degree of difficulty is such that acceptable results can be achieved for the patient.
- Management of patients with physically handicapping or difficult behavioral problems with special health care needs.
- Provide dental care with oral sedation or under general anesthesia.
- Other dental treatments not specifically mentioned.
- Refer MCHC patients for dental specialty care when the severity of the problem or skill requirement exceeds the capability of the treating dentist.
- Provide clinical and didactic teaching and support scholarly activities in the Pediatric Dentistry Residency program.
- Assume special administrative assignments within the department as needs arise.
- Actively participates in Department Quality Improvement process and staff meetings.
- Actively participates in the Department’s research projects.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of dentistry: DDS, DMD or equivalent.
- Certificate in pediatric dentistry from a CODA accredited graduate pediatric dentistry program required.
- Must be Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry or be board-eligible and complete the process of certification within two years of assuming the position.
- Current Dentist license from the State of Michigan required. (State of Michigan Dentist Educational Limited or Clinical Academic Limited license may be accepted If a temporary position is approved for a resident who has graduated or who is currently in Fellowship status from the University of Michigan Pediatric Dentistry residency program.)
- Requires BLS and PALS certifications.
- Ability to organize one’s time and activities effectively to maintain superior clinical and didactic skills.
- Must have a high degree of communication/interpersonal skills and work effectively and professionally in a team setting, promote positive and friendly working and learning environment, and stay up to date to one’s knowledge while continuing to provide quality dental care for patients at MCHC.
- Basic computer skills required: Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Intermediate computer skills required: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, EHR/EDR/EPM (Dentrix preferred), digital radiographs.
Typical Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with 30-minute lunch. Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
About Mott Children’s Health Center…
Our mission is to improve health outcomes for children in Genesee County.
MCHC takes great pride in being a pediatric center of excellence – providing medical, dental, behavioral, audiology, rehabilitation, cardiology, lipid, ENT and wellness services to eligible children and adolescents in Genesee County. We deliver quality, reliable care based on each child’s needs, from basic to specialty care. Our dedicated team also advocates for children’s health and provides health education and prevention programs within the Genesee County community.
A great place to work…
MCHC offers competitive compensation, a full suite of benefits (see below), generous paid time off, reimbursement of required license/certification fees, continuing education assistance, scrub vouchers for clinical assistants/CSRs and personalized lab coats with laundry service for our providers. Our Team enjoys a compressed work week with a 1:30 p.m. close on Friday. MCHC is also a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Our ‘ONE MOTT’ newsletter and ‘Mott Connect’ email communications keep our Team well informed. The Employee Lounge has a healthy vending machine, complimentary fresh fruit weekly and displays both our annual Employee Photo Contest winners and our ‘Wall of WOW!’ peer-to-peer recognition. The ‘Surprise Squad’ makes employees feel appreciated with quarterly treats that have included a surprise crepe breakfast, on-site visits from local coffee vendors and other gifts of appreciation. We also have a Courtyard, Zen Den (with a new massage chair!), Lending Library (with reading room), outdoor walking path for employees.
Comprehensive benefits and well-being package includes…
- Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental and Vision
- Life/AD&D, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays (including Floating Holidays and Birthday Holiday)
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Paid Parental Leave (with adoption assistance)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Service Awards
Workplace Wellness… Our Wellness Team promotes health, body (nutrition & fitness) and mind with:
- Fresh fruit provided weekly for employees
- Fully-equipped, onsite Fitness Room and outdoor walking path
- Challenges, demonstrations and screenings
- Incentives, discounts and prizes
Quality Work Life… Our QWL Committee brings fun to employees with:
- Spring Fling Potluck
- Memorial Day Picnic with Photo Booth
- Back to School Rally with indoor & outdoor games
- Halloween Party with trick-or-treating, costume contest and pumpkin decorating contest
- Book & Gift Fairs
- and more...
The best place to work…
While all of these incredible benefits and perks make Mott Children’s Health Center a great place to work, our mission to serve the children of Flint and Genesee County – knowing that we make a difference in the lives of our community’s children – makes us the best place to work!
MCHC is an approved site for National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program.
Celebrating two years in a row! Recognized in 2021 and now in 2022.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)